This article will walk you through the process of uninstalling any of the software packages recommended on windowstechies.loc
Make sure the program you want to uninstall is completely shut down
Before you can effectively uninstall the software program, you must make sure it is completely shut down. Some programs, when closed, are minimized to the system tray (the collection of shortcuts located at the bottom, right-hand corner of the screen in the taskbar, by the clock).
You must shut down the software from the system tray before uninstalling. To shut down the program, right-click the program’s icon in the system tray and select “Close” / “Exit” / “Shut Down”
Uninstalling from the Control Panel
After you’ve completely shut down the program, you are ready to uninstall it from your computer. Follow the ordered steps below to begin. Once you have started the uninstaller, it will guide you through the rest of the removal process.
- Click Start
- Click Control Panel
- Select “Add or Remove Programs” (Windows XP) or “Uninstall a Program” (Vista/7/8)
- Find the software you want to uninstall in the list of installed programs\
- Start the uninstaller by clicking on it once and then clicking “Uninstall”
- When prompted, click “Yes” to proceed with the uninstall. The uninstaller will guide you through the rest of the process.
- When the uninstaller finished, restart your computer to finalize the changes you’ve made.
If you need additional help uninstalling a software program we recommend, you should first try contacting the company who makes it. If you still need help, feel free to use our contact form.